Mothers today are excited to capture the journey of their pregnancy. It is understandable given how it is an emotional time and families often want to capture the precious moments before their child comes into the world. Maternity photography has become the trend of the times with moms getting bolder and more open about their experiences of being pregnant.
These shoots occur between week 6 and week 8 of the due date’s arrival. Since time is of the essence, at least regarding this one life event, there is no scope for a re-shoot of any kind. Hence, it is imperative that you pick the right photographer for you who can make most of the little time he or she has to capture this precious event. Here are 5 factors that you need to look into before choosing a maternity photography service:
- Research is key – Most photography services, may it be wedding photography or maternity, have detailed websites that contain portfolios of their work. If you are swayed by the kind of photographs you see, then contact the service immediately. If you have no clue about maternity photography, asking referrals is also a great idea. If someone you know has had a wonderful experience, chances are that you will too. There are reviews and testimonials you can read through as well, before you make a decision.
- Experience speaks for itself – While doing your research, you will come to know who has more experience in the world of family photography in general. Look for someone who specializes in pregnancy or newborn photography because these photographers know what are the best lighting and poses to play with when it comes to clicking pregnant women. Everything from the angle to the position of the body structure and belly matters.
- Weight on the pocket – Always have a clear view on your budget before contacting any baby photography Singapore Ask as many questions as you want about what to expect during the session and the rates. There needs to be full clarity of what the expenditure will be like and you have the freedom to go with any photography service that suits you best.
- Talented editors – Your photographer should be an expert editor. Photography of this nature entails a bulk of photos being clicked of the client. Having a keen eye to pick the best out of the lot is a unique talent that only experts possess. Experienced photographers will be able to sort through them all and pick out the most aesthetic ones. The talent lies in retaining the candid nature of the photograph.
- Digital way or the film way? – Kid photography Singapore has two options in prints, either film or digital. There is a difference in the price range between the two and even factors like longevity and quality differ between the two. The world is moving towards digital, however, because it is much more affordable and versatile in its usage.