A family is the most precious unit in the world! They make us what we are. We are all products of our families, whether they are bad or good, like the saying goes, ‘you just gotta love them’. Because, as you grow and mature, you know that every human being is the product of his family, and you can’t blame him or her for any wrong!
There are many ways to celebrate families and special occasions are the best! And special photographs!
When the children are young and you get a minute to spare from the endless chores, it is time to decide when to book that appointment with the family photographer, because this moment you must know will not last forever!
What to look for in a family photographer in Singapore:
- Go online and look at their work. Look for photography skills they talk about and any interesting observation or offer that appeals to you – like trying new poses!
- Check the rates. Apart from the cost of the photographs, the photographs charge a lot for releasing their rights of the digital images they have taken.
- Check out the different things they have on offer. Most of them design packages based on style, location, subject eg. family photography. Pre wedding photography, wedding day or actual day photography are very popular subjects too.
- Be clear on the terms of usage of the pictures. Most photographers allow images for personal release and commercial release separately. If you have paid for the personal release ones, you cannot use them on a revenue generating site say your blog, since it is possible to generate revenue from that. Another type of delivery of images after the session is providing print releases that can be personally shared through Facebook and email only.
- Outdoor family photography should consider the following points:
No odd shadows of leaves on clothing or countenances, no harsh sunlight effects, dominating backgrounds, tree trunks that look that they are growing out of body parts, no squinting in the sunlight etc.
And as far as the people are concerned, no cropping of hands and feet, over posing, awkward looking arms and other parts of the body, too much separation space between members, heads at different levels, too much negative space etc.
- Friendliness of the photographer. It makes a great difference when the photographer is sensitive and friendly, because he or she has to make the children comfortable, so they give their best pose and smile for what is going to be a lifelong precious souvenir.
Being an actual day photographer Singapore or the wedding day photographer in Singapore is yet another specialization there – Capturing the best moments of the couple during their wedding is an important responsibility given to photographers sometimes at the cost of blocking the entire proceedings from the audience! But no one really minds, because they know the importance of capturing the moment forever!